(1.4 M)EPUB

Incidents by the way: Lifetime recollections and reflections (1946)

fullscreen
Author: Kenan, William Rand, 1872-1965
Volume: 1st edition
Subject: Businessmen--United States; Philanthropists--United States; Kenan family; Kenan, William Rand, 1872-1965
Publisher: S.l.: Privately printed
Possible copyright status: Text has entered public domain.
Language: English
Call number: SENC CT275.K452 A32 1946 c.2
Digitizing sponsor: LYRASIS Members and Sloan Foundation
Book contributor: University of North Carolina Wilmington
Collection: universityofnorthcarolinawilmington; americana

Description

Memoirs of William Rand Kenan, Jr., born in Wilmington, North Carolina, on April 30, 1872. Kenan graduated from the University of North Carolina in 1894 with a Bachelor of Science degree. After success in business, he became interested in philanthropy and founded the William R. Kenan, Jr. Charitable Trust. This was the first edition of the book. 196 pages. Chapters: 1. The Kenan Family 2. Early Recollections 3. Kenansville, North Carolina 4. More Recollections 5. School Days 6. College Days 7. My Connection With The Manufacture of Carbide 8. University Club, Niagara Falls, New York 9. Traders Paper Company 10. Whitehall, Palm Beach, Florida 11. Opportunities in Which "I Missed the Boat" 12. My Association with R.B. Goodman 13. The Carolina Apartment Company 14. The Western Block Company 15. H.M. Flagler Trust 16. Breakers Hotel 17. I Moved to Lockport, New York 18. Stadium at the University of North Carolina 19. Fishing 20. My Two Sisters' Homes 21. Some Positions Held 22. Movie Camera 23. The Park Lane 24. Private Railroad Car Randleigh 25. Automobiles 26. Doctors Degree 27. How I Spent My Money

Scanningcenter: indiana
Mediatype: texts
Shiptracking: NXW04002
Identifier: incidentsbywayli01kena